Monday 26 April 2010

Sitting in rivers in brand-new jeans!


So recently I've been making hollow balls out of cling film and sellotape and floating them down rivers. This has resulting in what are some of my favourite ever photos that I've taken! I deliberately tinted them to look slightly off-coloured and am considering taking more photos with a disposable or even a polaroid camera - just because I want that 'untouched' look. It seems very relevant to me - I'm interfering with nature by placing these artificial objects into the water but then I'm documenting the process in the most lowtech way possible. I like creating art thats made with disposable items, I think it's a much more modern and relevant way of working.  







I think that the top one is my favourite! I am definitely having a cheeky skive from college sometime in the near future in order to take more photos like these.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you are doing here Weaver!! I say more photos with balls (love the ones in your pond as well!) Though i shall say you should try and look after yourself and not get more sick from being outside taking photos :P but awesome work mon ami! (oh and it's cat... i did't know what to comment as i don't have a google address etc)

    ReplyDelete