Sunday 16 May 2010

Taxidermy.

I'm becoming a little bit obsessed with it...however I feel slightly very guilty about taking pleasure in something which has encouraged so much pointless killing of animals. When researching it on the internet I always make a point to discover wether the artist uses animals that have died naturally - or were humanly put down because they were in pain. However, I do think that if the taxidermy is 'vintage' then it should be bought and enjoyed. If an animal has died to create this piece of art in years gone by then we should appreciate it. I have the same opinion on vintage fur...an animal died to create that coat!! I would never buy fur from a current designer, but I feel differently against vintage pieces. Anyway...enough of my chatter. These are vintage taxidermy pieces of rabbit sex organs. 



1 comment:

  1. These are so cool ! I love you blog please check mine out x

    ReplyDelete